The territory attests ancient, pre-from Liguria and preIndo-European presences much insediative. The presence Roman has left tied traces the street system and to ” fundus “, Rubiano, today Rubiagno.
Traces are denoted also on the infuence of the Longobardi: the castle rises in fact nearly to continuation of the “Sala”, term that designated a district fiscal center, while on the hill “San Martino” existed one already for a long time a “Pieve”.
In the 1228 the bishop of Asti redeems by means of exchange the feud from the ” dominions de Vicia “. Little after the half of the ’300, Vezza endures the pillage and the destruction of the castle to work of the ” Company of English “.
ruins of the castle
The feud it comes granted from the bishop of Asti to Antonio De Ponte. In the 1401 this family sells the feud to Oddone Roero.
The division between the Roero of the 1468 assigns Vezza to Oddone Roero, of the branch of Vezza and Guarene, than in the 1485 it possesses the feud of Sommariva Bosco with the title of “conte”.
After its dead this feudo comes confiscated and the son returns to reside to Vezza: its descendants you will remain for approximately 2 centuries and later on they will go in the new castle of Guarene.
Today of the old castle they do not remain other that little ruins but the small territory of Vezza advises for a visit the parochial San Martino, la chiesa San Bernardino dei Battuti, the church of
Madonna degli Airali, the church of San Carlo, the church of San Rocco, the church of Madonna del Guado, the church of Madonna dei Boschi.